This article was written by Farrah

Welcome to the first ever installment of Farrah's Favorite's and I am Farrah and this is the very first time that I have ever written for BC Beat Kids or for any of the BC Beat magazine for that matter. In this section I am planning on talking about different animal's and abunch of other cool thing's that I am gonna enjoying doing for you all.Well I am thinking for my first article with BC Beat Kids I am planning on doing one with an easy birdhouse just for starter's and I am planning on doing more things alittle more with other edition's but for starter's I am going with the easiest bird house ever so get ready and here we go.

Let kids design and build a birdhouse using found materials. This kind of problem-solution thinking builds engineering skills and gives kids experience with how things work. And the finished product gives them a sense of accomplishment and pride.
First brainstorm a few minimum requirements, for example: the house should have a golfball-sized hole large enough for birds to fit through but not large enough for predators; it should have a strong perch inside and outside; it should hang somewhere where squirrels can't reach it.
Look around your house and yard for materials that you might use. Here are just a few suggestions, but let your child be creative and come up with other solutions, too.
House: a cardboard or plastic milk carton
Perch: a chopstick, a stick, a dowel
Something to hang it: a bent wire hanger, twine
Roof: dollhouse shingles, bamboo plate, cut-down craft sticks

1 comment:

  1. Hey is this by Farrah St.Cloud cause if so that is cool that you hot her on board for this and I hope that this section take's off for her and I notice that she also has her own page and that's cool.

    ReplyDelete